While some companies sell small numbers of larger traps, it is more effective and economical to set a large number of small traps. Larger traps aren't more likely to catch a spider. It's the edge of a trap that catches a spider anyway.
The simple conclusion is: the more traps you set, the more spiders will be caught.
So here are 10 reasons why Catchmaster Glue Traps are excellent for controlling Brown Recluse spider populations in your home:
1. While Brown Recluse spider infestations are thought by many to be impossible to eliminate, research at the University of Kansas has shown that "effective population management is possible" with Catchmaster glue traps,
2. You see the evidence of a glue trap's effectiveness because the spider is caught in the trap.
3. Traps offer an opportunity to positively identify a Brown Recluse spider because it is caught on the trap. Your safety is also enhanced because you learn to recognize the spider when you see it.
4. Glue traps get rid of spiders in places where it may not be safe to spray pesticides such as inside food cabinets.
5. Pesticide applications can actually be detrimental. Studies show that Brown Recluse spiders will prefer dead insects over living ones.
6. No chemical residues in your home.
7. Inexpensive to use. No need to call an exterminator
8. Easy to use. Fold the traps, put them where you want them and you're done.
9. Unwanted insects such as cockroaches and crickets will also get caught in the trap.
10. It will be easy to identify which areas of your home have the worst Brown Recluse infestations.